Best Buy 8" Insignia Infocast

wb4jfi wb4jfi at knology.net
Sun Feb 20 17:24:47 CST 2011

As a follow-up, I have now fired this device up.  I could not get it to
connect to my main DLink wireless router, but I hooked up a newer
Linksys router, and it connected OK.  Both setup for WEP, since I have
some older laptops that do not do WPA.

I then downloaded and unzipped the Web browser (based on QT) onto a USB
drive (about 55MB).  Then, I rebooted the Infocast, and connected a USB
keyboard to the other USB port.  I was able to browse the web OK.  It is
a bit of a pain to use a combination of the keyboard and touchscreen, as
no mouse is used.  But, it does work.

Since QT works OK, maybe we could build and install an SDR app??
Terry