Fwd: LightSquared Press Release

Mike O'Dell mo at ccr.org
Fri Mar 4 08:27:10 CST 2011

Thanks, Dick, for posting the press release.

what gets me about this whole thing is that "the fix" must have been put
in at least 4-5 years ago
based on how long it takes to build a satellite and secure launch
services. there is just no way
people are going to spend circa $300mm PER SATELLITE (and they have two)
without being
very, very certain that the service is going to be happen. in fact,
nobody i know would
pony up those bucks without there being something in writing *somewhere*.

so I can only conclude that a deal was done by the previous
administration and their
lacky FCC Chairman which was kept in the bottom drawer somehow, only to
be animated by LS's recent filing, requesting fast-track treatment.

this doesn't excuse the current FCC from being spineless gits with a
collective room-temperature IQ,
but if this kind of thing is allowed to slide, then we have no hope of
saving 440. And while
i thought for a few minutes that PAVE PAWS might put the shoe in the
gears, if they will
destroy GPS, wrecking PAVE PAWS is no big deal.

"Think of the children that could be saved using 440!"

The "Roller Ball" scenario is unfolding, folks. What hasn't already been
bought and paid for is going up on eBay any minute now.

I sure hope the League launches the lawyers quickly. We may be doomed on
440,
but we can make it as painful as possible.

     -mo