Over reliance on GPS ?

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 8 14:14:09 CST 2011

  All hail technology! The ever increasing density of our population
centers, combined with an almost inbred reliance on infrastructure, has
produced a society that has much in common with a house of cards.

  Would any of us be able to thrive (let alone survive) following a
prolonged cascade of multiple system failures? I for one would be
devastated (and PO'd) if I had to live my life without a decent supply
of toilet paper, along with indoor plumbing. We'd soon resemble some
third world countries.

  Without our former steady supply of junk mail to fall back on it could
soon be time to build backyard outhouses, stocked with old Sears
catalogs and dry corn cobs. Good grief, shades of my time on a farm.

Richard