Over reliance on GPS ?

Chip Fetrow tacos at fetrow.org
Wed Mar 9 20:26:40 CST 2011

I think you mean base stations.

Many digital networks are timed via GPS.  I was in that industry, and
Nextel was sort of first as some cellular providers were going D-AMPS
(TDMA) and Verizon and Sprint went CDMA. D-AMPS providers went to GSM
(also a form of TDMA) which is also very dependent upon timing, or
time slots.  They also use GPS.

--chip