Discovery

Philip Miller Tate Philmt59 at aol.com
Fri Mar 11 06:19:15 CST 2011

I think that all of the Concorde aircraft are at least partially
intact (i.e. engines removed but fuselage intact), and I'm fairly
certain that at least one has been kept flight-worthy, in defiance of
the previous government's determination to have them all scrapped.
One of them is at Brooklands museum, just a few miles down the road
from my home - when you come and visit, Joe, I'll take you to see it.

Concorde used to fly subsonic over my house twice a day. My then boss
used to send grumpy letters to BA to complain about the fact that it
sometimes caused his windows to rattle. Meanwhile, my then small son
Alex and I used to dash outside to wave as it flew magnificently
overhead. I advised him to get better windows. In today's noise-
ridden society, what's the big deal about sonic booms? Some folks are
just determined to create a "sustainable" stone-age society.

Phil M1GWZ