Japan:G.P.S. 8 feet off -Earth axis is tilted 4 inches more

Joseph Bento joseph at kirtland.com
Sat Mar 12 15:44:02 CST 2011

On Mar 12, 2011, at 2:01 PM, Philip Miller Tate wrote:

> On 12 Mar 2011, at 19:56, andre kesteloot wrote:
>
>> On 3/12/2011 12:04 PM, Louis Mamakos wrote:
>>> Hmm... wouldn't this measurement make more sense expressed in arc-seconds?  Or did we jump 8 feet closer to the moon or something?  I'm pretty sure that I don't have to worry about spring coming any sooner, or have to adjust the polar alignment of my telescope mount in my observatory.
>> how do we know that Japan jumped one way, and that it is not the rest of the earth that moved the other way?
>> Can you trust those satellites?  :-)
>

> The satellites assure me that they only tell the absolute truth. And to vote Republican. Which is strange, because I'm British.

Well, you can always vote the National Party, which I believe is your far-right equivalent of our new-wave Tea Party Republicans.  It even sounds as though the National Party thought process matches some of the extremist ultra-right Republicans.  Were I British, I think my political thoughts fall more in line between Labour and Conservative.  Having never been subject to their ruling, however, I can only speculate by reading what they believe.

Joe, N6DGY