Technology Adjusts Insurance Money

fgentges at mindspring.com fgentges at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 14 11:00:38 CDT 2011

This is great.  We install a "driving recorder" in our car and the
insurance company adjusts your rate depending on how they think your
driving is. The inference is your rate will go down but why would it not
also go up? Several companies are now into this.  Next, video cameras
will record out the front window and the insurance company will watch
the videos.

Little old ladies that drive to the grocery store once a week will get a
really low rate.  On the other hand, if you have a heavy foot and a
really *fun* supercharger, your insurance will cost you extra for your
driving transgressions.

Perhaps some of our more adventurous members can postulate simple ways
to fool the recorder to get the Little Old Lady (LOL) rate while doing
Dayton 500 (D500) style driving around town.  At the same time we
wouldn't want the LOL to get charged the D500 rate.

See

http://tinyurl.com/4k9r3dx

Frank K0BRA