MidAmerican Energy Net Metering in Iowa

Mike O'Dell mo at ccr.org
Wed Mar 23 15:09:41 CDT 2011

The magic words for all this is "Mandatory Feed-In Tarrif"

this is the rules that

(1) required the power company to take your excess
and
(2) specify terms and conditions for "feed-in"

at one point, there was a good chance of getting a national
mandatory feed-in tariff that would require retail pricing on
both sides up to some maximum number of KWh, or more likely,
a mandate for a feed-in tariff which would be established by
each state PUC.

a massive application of dollars by "the usual suspects"
delivered a killing blow.

When the US Representative from my buddy's district was
brought up on corruption charges some years back, my buddy was
astounded at how little money was required to curry
favored treatment by said Representative. By buddy remarked,

     "I always knew they were for sale,
     but I never imagined I could afford one!"

Yup - what hasn't already been bought and paid for will be
going up on ebay any minute. What I don't understand, though,
is that given the level of corruption in Washington, DC oughta
have a *lot* more banana trees.

     harumph,
     -mo