FPGA articles of interest?

Terry Fox tfox at knology.net
Sun Apr 17 15:56:57 CDT 2011

I've just sent Paul another rather long (for the newsletter) article on
some FPGA programming basics, eight pages.  In these articles I have
tried to capture some of how easy it is to emulate a few 74HC series
logic ICs in Verilog.  Because of the newsletter format, it becomes hard
to really provide any in-depth discussion, which also may become more
boring to those not interested.  Being an FPGA beginner myself, I also
take the chance of getting something wrong, or more complicated than it
needs to be.

Anyway, I'm wondering if it makes sense to continue this effort.  It
takes some work, and a lot of newsletter pages, to treat this subject,
and if there aren't very many AMRAD people interested, these articles
could be turning off some readers.  I don't feel an urgent need to
continue the FPGA series, but I also want to make sure the newsletter
has interesting and relevant articles.  If others write more about what
they are doing for the newsletter, maybe Paul would have more
generalized fodder to put in it, and won't need the FPGA stuff.

Does it make sense to continue this FPGA series?  Please let me know.
Terry, WB4JFI