Charleston SDR and Quisk 3.5.1 working - on Windows!

Terry Fox tfox at knology.net
Tue Apr 26 17:11:25 CDT 2011

I spent a little time last week getting the newer version of Quisk
(3.5.1) working on Linux with both the SDR-IQ and the Charleston SDR
receiver.  Then I added my filter shadow code to 3.5.1.  wouldn't you
know that James released 3.5.2 in the middle of that!

Over the last few days, I have been working on the Windows version of
Quisk 3.5.1, which James released as alpha code.  I finally was able to
rebuild his code to work on the SDR-IQ.  It uses MinGW, and other stuff,
that must be placed just right in order to successfully compile the code.

Anyway, I then modified my Linux Charleston SDR support code to work
with the Windows Digilent driver instead of the standard USB driver,
which I think is a requirement.  As of 5PM today, the Windows Quisk
3.5.1 is compiling and running!  I am able to listen to 40M, tune,
adjust preamps, etc.  There are some bugs and shortcuts in my code right
now that cause compile warnings, etc..., so it is pre-alpha.  But, this
means that shortly we will have an SDR package for both Linux and
Windows.  I am using a computer with Vista, but it should be OK on XP as
well.  More research is necessary for Win7.

Due to my travel schedule, I won't be able to do too much work on this
for the next week and a half, but I will put together a package and make
it available shortly after that.  The biggest part will be documentation.
73s
Terry, WB4JFI