Status update: KI4HLV

Brian Hawes brian.hawes at retired.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 12 00:42:28 CDT 2011

One of our club members here in Oxford UK travels frequently to Europe and North America. He claims to get good performance from an FT817 with a home-made loop. This all fits easily into his suitcase.

http://www.g4fon.net/MagLoopTwo.htm

Probably not the ultimate antenna, but cheap and easily made for a weekend away.
If you go to Ray's home page, he also has a CW trainer program which is very popular in UK

I hear so many good things about the FT817 from people who own them.

Brian  G2KQ