May 12 AMRAD Meeting

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Fri May 13 05:05:50 CDT 2011

Tacoistas,

We had a talk arranged at the last minute by Terry Fox via Skype to the library in Oakton.  Sometimes the lack of a straight jacket of detailed planning and talk outlines spawns a chance for someone like Terry to let out some really great thoughts that were sort of stuck inside his brain.

We were treated to his thinking about putting together the bits and pieces of the FPGA code into modules.  Suddenly the light went off for me to see how to move from gates and such to functional blocks in a structured way.  It is always nice to have the light go off on something like this.  I was involved in structured programming for signal processing back in the 1970s and this relit that candle for me.

Thanks for Terry for sharing his very fruitful stream of consciousness  last night.  Everyone should have been there.

Frank K0BRA