D Star emulation. (Astar)

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue May 17 14:33:47 CDT 2011

Tom,

Thanks.  Well, spread the word about the A-STAR concept, because we have the
radios, we have the signall8ing, we have the displays and we have the
callsign eencoding.  These radios even have the built in abilty to QSY to a
commanded QSY frequency in an incoming packet.  Think ham cellular.

Plus, all one has to do is ker-chunk (in PTT mode) onto the A-star
frequency, and the A-star gateway will the record your presence and
automatically assign the repeater callsign.

So much to do, so little time.
But spread the word till we find someone to write the code..

And if you see any errors in design on my web page, lemme know.

http://aprs.org/avrs.html

Bob, WB4APR