[NCR-DStar] Fwd: RE: D Star emulation. (Astar)

Tom Azlin N4ZPT tom at n4zpt.org
Wed May 18 08:57:32 CDT 2011

Hi All.

I like Bob Bruninga WB4APR's idea on linking FM and D-STAR repeaters and
after reading the web page hope it can be coded.

So I sent Bob Bruninga WB4APR's idea out to the local D-STAR association
reflector. I got several positive responses from hams that are part of
the local D-STAR repeater teams. As an example below is one of the
considering linking our Tysons Corner FM and D-STAR machines so the idea
is particularly intriguing. The ideas Bob Bruninga WB4APR wrote about
might be the way to have full call sign routing available. Up to now any
cross links carried only the cross link call sign. We talked about FM
users being able to use DTMF to select destinations or issue commands
for their FM to D-STAR cross links but that seemed clumsy.

I also just spotted that the CODEC 2 will be briefed at one of the
forums at Dayton.

73, tom n4zpt
p.s.  Sorry for my previous confusing posting to "Bob" - that note was
addressed to Bob Rice KG4RRN as I was replying to a note from him. Not
Bob Bruninga WB4AOR. I should have used last names and call signs.