July meeting

Bob Rice, KG4RRN kg4rrn at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 04:24:10 CDT 2011

Paul and TACONISTAS,
I didnt know the ARRL had a field office in Fairfax,VA
Someone better tell Newington....
I just moved to West Virginia, so you won't be seeing me at TACOS at least for the near future.
I enjoyed getting the WMAL tour together--- I think that was the highlight of
the year.
FIELD DAY: Listen 6/25/2011 on 20,40, and 75/80 meters for KD8DMI,
that is the club callsign for Jefferson County WV ARC.
All is peaceful here, and I spend a lot of time weed-wacking.... for some reason.
Yesterday I went to WALMART, and lightning hit the middle of the roof, and everything
stopped working, no.... I did not have my HT with me either.
We also installed a new Lightning Arrestor for the house-its a 20 foot aluminum flagpole.
Thats the news, thanks for the memories....

Bob Rice, KG4RRN
kg4rrn at arrl.net
A Notary Public, VA.
President, Jefferson Co. WV.