[AmradBOD] Field Day

fgentges at mindspring.com fgentges at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 23 10:18:07 CDT 2011

Jim,

Bill Fenn, N4TS and myself are also members of the Loudoun Amateur Radio
Group.  We are captains of the VHF station.  We are setting up out near
Lovettsville, VA.  You and all the AMRAD people are invited to come out
and have a chance to operate the VHF station.

We will be using a 6 meter beam with an IC-910 radio.  Propagation has
been looking good and we may be able to work quite a few stations out at
the one hop range.  We will also try working 2 meters and we have had
good luck up to the Philadelphia area and down to the Norfolk area.
With luck we may get some longer range propagation on 2.

Field day starts at 2 PM on Saturday and wraps up at 2 PM on Sunday.  We
will start setting up at 2 PM on Friday and we can use some help on this.

Directions are at

http://www.k4lrg.org/Field_Day/2011/map.html

Frank K0BRA