Major Drop In Solar Activity Predicted

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 25 10:07:43 CDT 2011

  Well, isn't that just peachy! In the fifties we were warned of an
impending ice age, nuclear testing fallout in our food and fast
dwindling oil reserves. Off course the threat of nuclear annihilation
was always in the background but folks mostly managed to ignore that.

  Then came ozone depletion and the prediction that we were all going to
die of starvation from ultraviolet induced crop failures. Meanwhile,
skin cancer would eat us alive. As those warnings started to fade our
collective latent paranoia was once again reinforced by Al Gore's
inconvenient nonsense delivered to a scientifically ignorant/
politically gullible populace governed by ruthless politicians.

  Now that these dire predictions have been unmasked as fiction we're
faced yet again with an unproven yet 'almost certain' calamity by cosmic
forces beyond our control. What is a poor human to do? Threats abound
everywhere!

  Perhaps some day cockroaches /will/ inherit the Earth. In the meantime
I think I'll have lunch and a short snooze. As Alfred E. Neuman said,
"What - Me worry? :-)