Major Drop In Solar Activity Predicted

Thomas F Davis tfdavis at snet.net
Mon Jun 27 11:25:37 CDT 2011

May I ask, what dire predictions?
A disappearance of sunspots will likely be a repeat of Maunder Minimum and the "Little Ice Age" of the 1600's.  The shortwave bands will not be open for decades, and the growing season will be shorter in northern latitudes, but that's about it.  We survived it then, and we'll survive this.
Tom W1TFD