NASA admits shuttle, ISS were mistakes

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Tue Jul 12 13:58:56 CDT 2011

The media are so good at 20:20 hindsight. Why not celebrate its successes, than declare it a failure? I remember an article in 'New Scientist' damning the Apollo missions for the "lack of meaningful science". Of course, the assumption was that technology and engineering development have no intrinsic worth whatsoever.

The Shuttle and ISS were not failures. Not having a replacement ready when the Shuttle was decommissioned was.

Phil M1GWZ