AMRAD Golden Packet

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jul 27 15:32:03 CDT 2011

Tacistas?

We need AMRAD's corporate memory back about 1980 or so.

Did we document the AMRAD Golden Packet Award, the first packet to go from
border to border?  Who's idea was it?  Probably Mine?, Terry's, Dave's,
Paul's?

I'm beginning to write the results of the 2011 Golden Packet event this last
Sunday where for the first time we got 15 APRS radios on top of 15 mountains
from Georgia to Maine and exchanged packets all along the way (no
internet!).  I hope to submit it to QST but want to get the history
straight.

Oh, to see the results, see http://aprs.org/at-golden-packet.html and follow
the links to each of the 15 mountains to see the details.

No, we did not get one packet all 15 hops, but we got 10 before we shut down
on schedule so everyone could get home before dark.

Thanks
Bob, WB4APR