Harassing Arena

joseph at kirtland.com joseph at kirtland.com
Mon Aug 1 15:09:50 CDT 2011

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 00:07:36 +0100
To: tacos at amrad.org
Subject: Re: Harassing Arena
Most important, the venue has to be near to hospitable friends who are
willing to invite me into their home once a year. In short, Hara is perfect.

I didn't find the raw sewage astonishing - just the folks standing by,
watching (and even FILMING) the clean-up process. Mind you, it was the Day
of the End Of The World.

Phil M1GWZ

I was curious, so I looked up the 'South Towne Expo Center' here in Salt
Lake City.  If the entire venue were rented, there is about 300,000 square
feet of indoor exhibition space.  The expo center is also directly served
by light-rail, (soon to include commuter heavy rail) as well as buses, and
has parking accomodations for about 5,000 vehicles.  The facility is
immaculate with modern lavatory facilities.

While it is highly unlikely we would ever see a hamfest of that magnitude
in Utah (in fact, Utah only has a handful of small hamfests each year), you
may rest assured, Phil, that were it to take place, you would have
comfortable accommodations.  :-)

Joe