root kit

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Wed Aug 3 22:44:19 CDT 2011

I am unaware of any (modern) disks which can nuke their servo tracks
under software control via the normal interface.  All bets are off if
you have access to the diag port.

DBAN just writes patterns over the entire surface of the disk,
including the MBR or GPT table, so it's off to repartition land for
you when it's all done.

-r