FW: City Of Annapolis.MD. selling radio tower and land

William F. Fenn bfenn at cox.net
Sat Aug 6 20:57:42 CDT 2011

Tower Companies that employ riggers have to pay insurance premiums, meet
OSHA Safety Standards, insure the paint doesn't get on automobiles that are
below and down wind while jumping through many other hoops.  If the paint
gets on any cars they may end up having to pay for a new paint job.  They
may also have to scrape the old paint off the tower, remove rust and prime
the surface before applying the new paint.  $150,000 may sound a little
expensibe but is probably not that outrageous when one adds the cost of
paint and the equiptment needed to do the job to the previously mentioned.

Bill
N4TS

  _____