City Of Annapolis.MD. selling radio tower and land

Chip Fetrow tacos at fetrow.org
Mon Aug 8 17:20:26 CDT 2011

The 860 foot tower is an FM tower, built with a LOT of extra capacity
for additional tenants, including a VHF combiner system (two antennas,
UHF combiner system (three antennas), 900 MHz combiner system (two
antennas), three cell systems and microwave dishes for university
distant learning classrooms.  Of course, each antenna has a line, and
the minimum size was 1-5/8" with 4" rigid for the FM.  It is not a
small or light duty tower.

AM radiators are MUCH less expensive since all they have to hold up is
themselves until they are over 200 feet tall, at which point they need
some sort of lighting, either medium intensity white or a dual 720
Watt beacon.

Rohn 25 towers are used up to 200 feet because they can support
themselves up to that height, but they are not rated to support
lighting!  It just amazes me what hams do to and with those towers!

--chip