USB memory stick sized SDR receiver from Amsat UK for ~$165

Brian Hawes brian.hawes at retired.ox.ac.uk
Tue Aug 30 11:41:04 CDT 2011

I hadn't the paience to watch all of this, but Charleston receiver builders will sympathise. I think he has commercial assemblers now.
My FUNcube dongle picks up a signal from the NOAA low-orbiting satellites with an FM radio whip on my desk indoors. I've ordered an active USB extender cable so I can get the whole lot outside the house, then I'll see if I can decode some images.

Brian

http://www.funcubedongle.com/?p=354