Apple to kill Cable TV ?

Dan Romanchik KB6NU cwgeek at kb6nu.com
Fri Sep 2 09:39:10 CDT 2011

If anyone can do it, Apple can.  Like the article points out, though, prices for TV shows are going to have to come way down. I might pay $30-35 per season for a new series, but I can't see paying $20 for a season's worth of Gilligan's Island or Mr. Ed.

They need to improve Apple TV, too. Every review I've read says that Roku is better, and that's what I'm using right now, a Roku box running Netflix.   (Yes, there are some other "channels" available, but most of the content on the other channels are pretty lame.)

73!

Dan KB6NU
CW Geek, Ham Radio Instructor
Station Manager, WA2HOM at the Hands-On Museum (www.wa2hom.org)