Steam fair.

Brian Hawes brian.hawes at retired.ox.ac.uk
Mon Sep 5 15:28:52 CDT 2011

Hi Martin,

I have been to the Great Dorset Steam Fair, but that was a few years ago. Two years ago, I drove past it on my way to the Dorset coast.

To call it vast scarcely does it justice, it seemsto go on over the hills forever.
It would hardly be worth planning a day visit, it needs longer to see very much of it.

If you like old steam powered agricultural machines, tractors, vintage cars, boot sales of mechanical junk (*) and beer, then it would be well worth a holiday visit.
My only reservation was that the 'rest rooms' made Porton Down Germ Warfare Establishment look like complete beginners, but that was a hot summer.

Brian
G2KQ

(*) I draw an important distinction between junk and rubbish. They are not, as any Amateur Radio enthusiast knows, the same thing at all.