Anyone recommend an audio or sound card for my Winsows Vista laptop?

w3hxf at cox.net w3hxf at cox.net
Sat Sep 24 08:21:00 CDT 2011

I will go to tacos today.
Can anyone go with me after, to go to MicroCenter, to find a
 recommend a audio or sound card for my Winsows Vista laptop ?The one inside does'nt work in the Gateway 7330GZ that I will bring with me.

Amazon pictures:

Gateway 7330GZ Virtual 7.1 USB Stereo External Sound Card

Product Summary

Virtual 7.1 USB Stereo External Sound Card for you to connect headphones or speakers, and a microphone to your computer without the need to unplug other devices!

Features:

Compliant with USB 2.0 and USB audio device specification 1.0, this USB to audio adapter couldn't be any simpler to install.
Add a virtual 7.1 channel sound to your PC.
Turn your stereo speaker / earphones into 7.1 channel environment.
Compatible with both Desktop or laptop Notebook.

Specification
USB2.0 Full-Speed (12Mbps) Specification
USB HID Class Specification 1.1
USB Audio Device Class Specification 1.0
USB bus-power, no external power required!
Connectors: USB Type A, Stereo output jack, mono microphone input jack
Xear 3D virtual 7.1 channel sound simulation software for XP / Vista is included
Functions keys: Microphone-Mute, Speaker-Mute, Volume-Up and Volume-Down
LED indicators: Microphone-Mute Status, Activity
Plug and Play.

System Requirement
Desktop or notebook PC with a USB port.
Stereo active speaker or stereo earphone.
Xear3D (Virtual 7.1 channel sound simulation software)
Compatible with: Windows 2000, Server 2003, XP, Vista, Windows 7