Cobra Mist

Brian Hawes brian.hawes at retired.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 4 00:18:59 CDT 2011

I watched a T.V. program last night about the East Coast of England. It is the part of the country where I grew up, and where my Mother still lives.
At one point, the commentator was shown round what remains of the Cobra Mist over-the-horizon radar site at Orford Ness.
It must have been amazing in its day, and very secret: I certainly knew nothing of its existence.
Interesting to see the guesses, on the web site below, about why it may have been shut down.

Brian
G2KQ

http://www.century20war.co.uk/page35.html