FW: Steve Jobs passing away

Chip Fetrow tacos at fetrow.org
Thu Oct 6 22:46:47 CDT 2011

In years past, the new hire was given the "obit file" and told to
update everything.  In general, they were given a few weeks.  Heck, I
have even been involved.

Today, newsrooms are cut so thin I doubt anyone is tasked with the
obit files.  I will bet they just try to update the most likely to
die, and Steve Jobs was very much on that short list.

I think everyone knew he was going to die, but only six weeks after
stepping down as CEO?  I sure didn't expect that!  The man was less
than three months older than me, and with my Mother In Law (a
wonderful woman) passing away just under two weeks ago, well, it
bothers me.

--chip