Freescale Tower Development Platform

Joseph Bento joseph at kirtland.com
Wed Oct 12 21:39:25 CDT 2011

Hey all,

I'm privileged to be able to attend many of the electronics seminars that come to Salt Lake City.  Most vendors give away some pretty nice premiums for attendance.  As an example, my collection of modules and assemblies for the Freescale Tower System is really beginning to grow.

I currently have two towers with the K60512 and K40256 boards, two serial modules, and today added a 'KwikStik LCD module and the just released 'Analog Playground' module.

I'm curious to know if or how anyone in the AMRAD crowd has used the Tower system.   I'm looking at it almost like a 'big boy's' Arduino with limitless capabilities.

Is it just me, or is the Codewarrior software a nightmare to use?

Joe, N6DGY