New iOS installation

wb4jfi at knology.net wb4jfi at knology.net
Mon Oct 17 02:04:14 CDT 2011

Well, both iPhones updated OK.  Judy’s iPad crashed during the iOS5 install/restore, but I was able to fix it.

My iPad2 also crashed during new OS install and restore.  Unfortunately, iTunes could not find the “backup” that I had it make immediately before installing iOS5 update.  To make matters worse, iTunes also declared the last backup on 10/12/11 “bad” (great technical description).  After MANY attempts of syncing – each looked OK, but the iPad2 was dumb as dirt – I eventually gave up and started over, as if the iPad2 was brand new.

Now, all my apps, photos, books, and music are there, after a successful sync.  But, all the app settings, general settings, and Safari bookmarks are gone.  Bye bye.

Stupid Apple.

I should not have watched I guess.

Word to the wise: be VERY CAREFUL when doing major Apple upgrades.  They are almost as bad as trying to find where your favorite Linux app was moved to in the latest distro.

Of course, Microsoft is SO MUCH BETTER.   NOT.

Why did I ever stop using CP/M?
Terry