this is most interesting.... an ADS/B receiver

Robert Stratton bob at stratton.net
Wed Oct 26 23:00:01 CDT 2011

During my early flight training, I got to fly one of the early planes with the mode-S datalink prototype. It was really something to be able to punch in an airport code and get an answer back with current weather info for pretty much anywhere. I think MITRE built the first ones.

It evolved into the Universal Access Transceiver (UAT) that delivers weather data (FIS-B) and the like to GA aircraft. It would be a hoot to see if that receiver could pull NEXRAD weather data off of the ground stations.

--Bob S.