GOODBYE AM?

Sean Sheedy sean at theSheedys.com
Thu Nov 3 11:42:30 CDT 2011

I miss the clear channel high power AM stations. My interest in radio was spurred in no small part, when I was a kid, on a New Years Eve on the deck of my parents' house in California, holding a small pocket transistor radio.  I heard the ball drop in New York, then the celebration in Chicago, then Salt Lake City, then Los Angeles, over the course of three hours.  Later I took a big road trip with my dad, and we got quite a chuckle listening to the reports of traffic on the LA freeways while driving on a two lane highway in the middle of nowhere in Wyoming late in the evening.

Sean AI4ID