LCD displays at Kohl's

Terry Fox tfox at knology.net
Fri Nov 4 17:13:27 CDT 2011

We just had a new Kohl’s store open nearby, and we went to it last weekend.  They have all these little B/W LCD displays showing pricing and other info, on EVERY clothes rack and display.  These devices are about 4x6, by about 1/2 inch thick.  A person there said they are programmed by a device that scans the merchandise, then the LCD bar code, and automatically updates the display.  He also said they run for months without recharging.

There were HUNDREDS of them in the store!  All to replace pieces of paper.  That’s green technology for you!

I wonder how long it will be before they get hacked to either show the wrong prices, or worse yet, some “nasty” messages.
73s
Terry, WB4JFI