Test that Failed

Chip Fetrow tacos at fetrow.org
Sat Nov 12 20:01:40 CST 2011

Once every 10 minutes to see if local stations were still on the air.
This mated well with the legally required ID.

Several companies made carrier fail receivers for the amateur
community which would alarm on the BC carrier going away.  Many had
provisions to prevent the amateur transmitter from going on the air.
I'm sure many hams of that day built their own, likely adding to an
existing BCB radio.

--chip