HP to make webOS Open-Source

Mike O'Dell mo at ccr.org
Fri Dec 9 17:41:13 CST 2011

Hypercard did *not* die!
it had zillions of amazing apps and there are people still running it!
and there is at least one Son-of-Hypercard that runs on MacOS X.

Hypercard was *murdered* outright.

Just like Appleworks. The new "iWorks" apps "don'tWork".

there is *nothing* like Appleworks Draw in the new world
and *finally* there is a drawing program (an expensive one)
that can open Draw documents (assuming they don't have
embedded spreadsheets or any of the other useful stuff in AW).

Me? Bitter?  Hell no! I'm still furious!

it's one thing to abandon a product, but when developers beg
and plead for the info to support and migrate the users, salvaging
what is person-centuries of work by Users.

bah!

     -mo