Oh look. LightSquared have figured out how they'll get around the FCC.

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Mon Dec 12 10:54:03 CST 2011

Thanks guys. I get the 'adjacent band filtering' problem, so I guess I'm just flogging a stupid, circular argument here: isn't it the job of the FCC to ensure that adjacent band usage doesn't lead to this kind of interference problem? I've already worked out the answer to that. But has no-one the understanding, authority and plain common sense to realise that when (and let's be generous, if) the whole thing goes Hara Arena fountain-of-ordure, somebody who allowed it to happen is going to get a right kicking? I mean, this is one major cock-up that even the general public are going to notice, it seems.

[I am unpopular with administrators at the university where I work for repeatedly suggesting that things will not improve unless some of us stop fixing the problems that they cause.]

Okay then, in the words of Goethe (or was it Schiller?) via Isaac Asimov: "Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain."

Phil M1GWZ