Oh look. LightSquared have figured out how they'll get around the FCC.

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Mon Dec 12 13:59:57 CST 2011

Mike O'Dell <mo at 131.ccr.org> writes:

> RS,
>
> I'm not suggesting that payola changes physics,
> nor that what they suggest is patently absurd.

Nor did I think you did; I was more or less echoing your sentiments.

> the question asked was "HTF did it get this far?"
> that's what I tried to explain.
>
> what I don't understand is why a direct attack on
> to deny GPS availability in CONUS and probably 100
> miles to sea isn't viewed as bordering on treason.

People are often surprised to hear that my biggest problem with the
Bush Administration was the FCC, not [insert controversial thing which
I'm philosophically on the same page with W. about].  Remember BPL,
media ownership rule changes precipitating mega-consolidation,
indecency fine shenanigans, and the "broadcast flag"?

I don't think this is the "change" you were hoping for.

-r