Would the ban apply to ham-radio equipment too ?

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Fri Dec 16 16:09:29 CST 2011

When we passed a law in Britain making use of a mobile phone illegal by the driver of a vehicle in transit, mobile amateur radio users secured an exemption solely on the grounds that there has never, ever been a vehicle accident in the UK attributed to the use of mobile amateur radio. However, lives have been saved by the prompt action of radio operators.

Nowadays, we have frequent motorway accidents caused by long-distance lorry drivers holding conversations by text messaging.

Phil M1GWZ