Need to buy a part

Karl W4KRL W4KRL at dcm-va.com
Tue Dec 27 10:42:10 CST 2011

Mike,

Looking at the schematic, I don't see a fuse in the dc side. It looks like
the crowbar has to handle dumping all the capacitor energy and then waiting
for the current to build up in the primary of the transformer until the ac
line fuse blows. Unless I am missing something this is a poor way to
implement a crowbar circuit. You might be able to continue using a similar
sized SCR by adding a quick blow dc fuse between the emitter resistors and
the crowbar.

http://www.repeater-builder.com/astron/pdf/astron-rs70a-rs70m-2007-01.pdf

Karl W4KRL