PLT devices

Iain McFadyen mcfadyenusa at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 30 11:50:28 CST 2011

Hello folks!

Seasons Greetings everyone.

My employer has decided to launch a TV over DSL product in the Caribbean islands.

As it is common to find that landline phone outlets are not always in the same place as you would normally put TVs, the technologists have decided to throw a pair of PLT devices (made by Comtrend) in to the package, along with the Set Top Box and DSL modem.

In the trial period, the Chief Technology Officer here discovered that when he tried to watch TV whilst exercising, he found that the TV signal failed every time he started his treadmill.

So I think the deployment of the PLT devices here in Barbados will be short-lived.

:-)

On another note, I have noticed that when the ADSL2+ modem (Clearaccess SR300N) is in place, I can pick up spurious emissions on 144-148MHz as I drive away from the house along the path of the aerial telephone dropwire. But the emissions are undetectable beyond about 300-400 ft from the house.I'm investigating further.

Happy Holidays! Wishing you all the very best for 2012.

Iain   8P6UK     (KI4HLV)