home physical printing follow up

Chip Fetrow tacos at fetrow.org
Mon Jan 16 23:38:59 CST 2012

I toured the Orion project building at KSC between the STS-135 launch
and landing.  I got to see two of the large format 3D printers they
were using to make items to use in their proof of concept simulators.
I was more interested in the printers than the demonstrations they
were staging for us.

They "print" stuff, then make sure someone can actually install it.
Pretty cool.

The balls on their clothing getting turned into motion studies was
pretty cool too.

I had no idea Orion was so far along.  They will reach the ISS very
soon with cargo delivery, and may be taking people as early as 2013.

--chip