Roland 3D milling machine

Terry Fox tfox at knology.net
Fri Jan 20 01:01:23 CST 2012

While looking around the Internet, I ran into the new Roland iModela 3D milling machine.  This looks amazing for making smaller PC boards.  It costs about $1,000, and only does boards up to about 3.3x2.2x1.1 inches.  For comparison, the Charleston SDR board is 3.5x1.6 or so...

But, if you can handle smaller boards, and don’t need a mask or other fancy stuff, this may be very interesting.  The Arduino store sells it for 749euros.  I wonder if you could align the board close enough to do double-sided boards?

Plus, you could make the plastic enclosures as well.
Terry

http://arduino.cc/blog/2012/01/10/circuit-milling-with-roland-imodela-now-available-on-arduino-store/
http://www.rolanddg.com/news/nr111005_im-01.html
http://store.arduino.cc/ww/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=217