Need parts and tool for a project

Louis Mamakos louie at transsys.com
Sat Jan 21 16:06:17 CST 2012

On Jan 21, 2012, at 4:59 PM, Michael Chisena wrote:

> Hi all,
> Got the urge to change the antennas on the truck.
> 6 and 10M coverage is very directional.
> Also if I get a cover for the bed, the antennas currently in place would have to be moved.
>
> Has any one here have two good old style 'ball mounts' for big whips?
> The kind that would be found on a 1960's cop car.
>
> Clean and used ok.
>
> At the same time, would also like to borrow the correct chassis punch for the center hole.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Mike
>

> Michael F. Chisena KA2ZEV at Yahoo.com 703 863 4574 "You are, what you do, when it counts" The Masso

If all else fails, it appears that New-Tronics is still manufacturing and selling the product you're looking for:  http://www.new-tronics.com/main/html/mobile_accessories_page_1.html  Of course the web site claims it was last updated almost 10 years ago, but I recall seeing New-Tronics at Dayton last year.   I remember selling these things 30-odd years ago when I was in High School and working at The COMM CENTER in Laurel, if any of you happen to remember that ham radio retailer..

louie
wa3ymh