Roland 3D milling machine

Chip Fetrow tacos at fetrow.org
Sat Jan 21 21:37:14 CST 2012

I have never had a problem using photographic methods.  I can make the
board as large as my largest glass container.  I have made boards as
wide as 17 inches (the width of a board in a conforming 19 inch wide
rack enclosure), and as deep as about 12 inches, I don't recall
completely.

Double sided is not an issue because the targets line up on the
corners for exposure, not an issue at all.

On the other hand, if today I were to go back to making boards today,
I would just use a service.

As for the milling machine, I am not against owning one.  Milling the
enclosure is a nice thing to do.  I have cut far too many using a
saber saw mounted upside down in a router table.

--chip