Toyotas and tin whiskers

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Sat Feb 4 08:09:17 CST 2012

This morning I took delivery of a new garden incinerator. At first glance, it appeared to be galvanized, but when I fired it up with dry garden rubbish, the surface coating gave witness to the heat generated by melting. It was tin-dipped, not galvanized, and the liquid tin rolled impressively across the surface. Eventually, the surface oxidized.

In my enthusiasm for pyrotechnology, I got slightly too close and somewhat foreshortened my beard. However, the conformal coating of skin on my chin remained insulated and undamaged.

My friend John drives a Toyota.

This is my contribution to the strand whose subject keywords are "Toyota", "tin" and "whiskers".

Phil M1GWZ

PS. Temperature dropped to -8 degC last night. Chilly, but not the deadly freeze our newspapers might have you believe.