An accurate do-it-yourself radiation meter

Martin dcmk1mr2 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 14:35:15 CST 2012

There's an app for that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJcOq5sLxPo
and a FAQ: http://www.hotray-info.de/html/radioa_faq.html

I think there are two aspects - detector size and accuracy.  In the FAQ the
developer mentions measuring multiple bursts that might go uncounted with a
GM tube.  The high voltage supply on a GM tube needs time to recharge after
ionization and misses other events during this dead time.  The LCD would
probably have similar dead times.

Martin KB3UJQ