Fwd: Re: Winterfest...

Frank Gentges metavox at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 27 22:30:56 CST 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: Winterfest...
Date: 	Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:14:58 -0500
From: 	fgentges at mindspring.com <fgentges at mindspring.com>
To: 	Mike O'Dell <mo at 131.ccr.org>

Mike,

Our friends at Vienna Wireless put on a very nice hamfest and the
weather was really good.  I recall several years ago when in snowed and
we still have a good hamfest.

We had a table at the front and set up a demo on how to deal with
surface mount construction.  Quite a number of people stopped by to see
the demos done by Bill Fenn, N4TS, and learned that surface mount was
not impossible.

We got some new members and a number of renewals.  I and others from
AMRAD got some nifty stuff at the tables in the gym.

In the end, it was a good hamfest and a tip of the AMRAD hat to Vienna
Wireless.  Its too bad you and a few others missed it.

Frank  K0BRA