Electronic Design Magazine: DIY Electronics Kits Turn Hobbyists Into Engineers

Andre Kesteloot andre.kesteloot at verizon.net
Wed Feb 29 20:13:40 CST 2012

http://www.electronicdesign.com/article/components/DIY-Electronics-Kits-Turn-Hobbyists-Into-Engineers.aspx?cid=ed_newsletter&NL=1&YM_RID

_
Tacoistas,

Silly me !

I had always thought that, for me to become an engineer, it had been necessary to attend college, sweat through integral calculus,
divs and curls, Pointing vectors, etc., study through the nights before finals...

Had I just known this 55 years ago, I could have simply bought a few DIY electronics kits and/voilà/, Instant Engineer...

So much time and money wasted on theory. (While in college I did learn, however, how to drink a fair quantity of beer)

73
André N4ICK